There’s a word in Arabic, “sihha”. It’s pronounced pretty much the same as the drell “siha”.
"Sihha" means "health".
So basically, if Shepard romances Thane and he starts calling her “siha”, he literally means she’s his health - she’s healing him.
I think I’ll go laugh bitterly. And then cry a little.
- Favorite class: Rogue
- Favorite party (3 characters): Isabela, Varric, Aveline
- Favorite romance: Isabela <3
- Friendmance/Rivalmance: Friendmance
- Diplomatic/Sarcastic/Aggressive: Diplomatic
- Bethany Warden/Circle Mage: Circle Mage
- Carver Warden/Templar: (I haven’t done a full playthrough with him yet, but I’d go with Grey Warden).
- Mercenaries or Smugglers: Smugglers
- Arcane Defender or Mage Hunter: Arcane Defender, because some of my best friends are mages. Also my dad was a mage. Also, my sister is a mage. And the templars are cruel.
- Kill Anders yes or no: I didn’t kill him, but I told him in no uncertain terms, that I never wanted to see him again. Ever. He didn’t come to me, he didn’t trust me, he didn’t try a different path. Instead he blew up half of Hightown.
- Favorite class: Warrior
- Favorite party (3 characters): Isabela, Anders and Varric
- Favorite romance: Isabela ;D
- Friendmance/Rivalmance: Friendmance
- Diplomatic/Sarcastic/Aggressive: Sarcastic with a touch of diplomacy.
- Bethany Warden/Circle Mage: Warden
- Carver Warden/Templar: Warden (even if I’ve never played as mage!Hawke)
- Mercenaries or Smugglers: Smugglers
- Arcane Defender or Mage Hunter: Arcane Defender. I will never side with the Templars. Lucien “Lucy” Hawke would never side with anyone who will hurt her family- which includes the Templars.
- Kill Anders yes or no: First playthrough? No. The reason why being is that he’s been Hawke’s best friend. The one who’s held her when she was crying over her mother and sister (and Isabela). Hawke was gutted that Anders had taken her trust and used her in blowing up the Chantry and nigh half of Hightown. She hasn’t forgiven him yet, but she’d rather keep him alive than see another person she cared about, dead.
DRAGON AGE: FANCAST > RICHARD ARMITAGE AS LOGHAIN MAC TIR
If we can’t have Cassandra.
At least let us have Vivienne.
*throws money at Gaider’s twitter page*
TAKE MY MONEY.
If there are 8 LIs
In equal part men and women
That means there’s 4 of each
And since we already know that Cass, Sera and Jo are romanceable…
IT MEANS VIVIENNE MUST BE ROMANCEABLE !!!!!
I wouldn’t take it for granted, cause there is this:
Q: Will each of the…
I think that that was a reference to racegated romances, like a female dworf not has less romance options than say a human because Iron Bull won’t have her ? Or Varric only likes fem dwarves so a female dwarf has more oprions than other races ?
Yeah, probably. As I said, I think there is pretty good chance for her romance now, but you never know…
I hope the remaining LIs are her, Iron Bull and Varric or Blackwall
I hope they could reveal other romances at GaymerX… that would be awsome…
Didn’t they say the bioware pannel would include romance too ?
This entire movie was an emotional roller coaster but this is the scene that absolutely shattered my heart.
When it comes to cooking, not everyone is at the same skill level
*gordon ramsay voice* what the fuck is this
Some people are concerning
this is why everyone should work a restaurant job at some point in their life
… I am now very glad my mother taught me some basics…
I said “have a nice day!” to this old dude and apparently that’s not fucking good enough because he retrieved his wallet and from like a stack of 30 of these things pulled one out and gave it to me and said something like “I hope you reconsider your choices next time”
This is the most self entitled shit i’ve seen all day
Really i would have looked at gone, Thats nice, and then rip it up right infront of his face
What about our fans? Are they privileged? Let me tell you about Anders. He was one of two male love interests in Dragon Age II, and the only one of the two that would actually make his intentions known to the player without the player expressing interest first. If you were nice to him, he would make a pass at you, and you could turn him down, and that would be the end of it. And some fans REALLY did not like that.
Some of them asked for a gay toggle; because in a game where there’s mature themes, slavery, death, and none of which we offer toggles for, encountering a gay character? OOH, beyond the pale. They didn’t want to be exposed to homosexuality.
And this one fan on our forums posted that he felt too much attention had been spent on women and gays and not enough on straight male gamers. For all of whom he personally spoke, of course. ‘It’s ridiculous that I even have to use a term like Straight Male Gamers, when in the past I would only have to say fans.’ The purpose of the romances in Dragon Age II was to give each type of fan an equal content. Two romances whether you’re male or female, straight or gay.
How upsetting for this particular Straight Male Gamer to realize he wasn’t being catered to. This was not equality to him, but an imbalance; an imbalance of the natural order. He did not want equality, he’s not interested in equality. To him, from his perspective, equality means he’s getting less. Less options? Actually, no, the number of options we had in that game was actually the same number of options that he would have received earlier. What was his issue was the idea that there was attention being spent on other groups, which SHOULD have rightly gone to him.
Do ALL straight male gamers feel exactly the same as he does? Absolutely not. In the thread where this came up in fact, there was quite a few guys who came in and identified themselves as straight male gamers and said ‘I actually don’t have an issue with that, as long as I receive an experience I enjoy, I think other people should be able to enjoy that too.’ But if you think that Straight Male Gamer Dude is an outlier among our fanbase, you were not paying attention.
This is Anita Sarkeesian, she’s the author of the Feminist Frequency, a blog which examines tropes in the depiction of women in popular culture. You’ve probably all heard about this, it’s a matter of public record, she announced a Kickstarter to start a web series to look at the tropes in video games and she was subjected to a campaign of vicious abuse and harassment by male gamers. Why? Well, because she represents to these guys the loss of their coveted place in the gaming audience. Never mind that well all know Goddamn well that they’re still at the top of the totem pole. What they see themselves losing is sole proprietorship over their domain. That’s what it is.
Everything that is changing about the gaming industry to accommodate these players, to them, is diluting the purity of gaming which has belonged solely to them. That’s what this is all about. And here’s the thing, I’m pretty certain that our industry fears the scrutiny of those guys way more than the scrutiny of everyone else. Because those are the guys that scream at the top of their lungs, they spend their time on every internet forum, they spend their time making Metacritic reviews. Infuriate them, and you become a target. It’s so much easier to say “Well, that’s what our fans are like. There’s nothing we can do.” And that’s bullshit.
They didn’t set the tone, did they? We set the tone. What we put out there, what we permit, whether it’s on our forums, whether it’s on Xbox Live, the things that we permit we are in effect condoning. What happened to Anita, we the industry, are partly responsible for. We’re in part to blame. And if the idea of moral responsibility doesn’t phase you, consider the idea that the time will probably soon come that this will also amount to legal responsibility."
also known as “Why I Love And Support BioWare Games”
Bioware ain’t perfect, but good gosh it does give me the warm fuzzies when one of their crew knocks it out of the park.